Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Coney Island Love

Playing dress up is something my best friend and I could NEVER get tired of, even at the age of 27! Rebecca & I grew up together in the same small town of Mountain Home, Arkansas and for the most part in the same neighborhood just down the road from one another. We have some of the funniest childhood memories together that to this day we still laugh about our awkward and wild adolescent years. But soon, my parents moved my family to the big world of Austin, TX and my last visit with Rebecca was when we were 16 years old and she came to visit me. But as life happens, you loose touch and you always wonder and think about that special person in your life and where they might be...
7 years later, I moved to NYC to start an internship with Corbis, I was soon to find out that Rebecca was moving there too, she was to start her masters in art therapy at Pratt.
As soon as we saw each other in Union Square to meet up for happy hour, we soon realized that we had very similar lives and interests and nothing much but "time" had really changed.
I feel so lucky and blessed to have a friend like Rebecca in more ways than one. For the past 4 years since I've moved back to Austin, we have planned trips to see one another, and as soon as we get home, we turn around and book our next visit. Our time with one another can never honestly get any better. We strongly believe that she and I are connected in so many ways and yes there may not just be one soul-mate in life, but we do know for sure that we are truly soul-mates.
Rebecca, thank you for being one of the most amazing individuals that I have ever had the opportunity in life to know. I hope you truly know how much you are appreciated in life, by not just me but by all the hearts that you touch daily. You have a gift with people, and I hope that you will always know this. You are so truly beautiful, both on the inside and out, and if you EVER forget this, I hope you look at these photos as a reminder to yourself. I mean, look at you, you are gorgeous and so much fun to be with! Thank you for letting me capture your true beauty in one of our most favorite places in the world together.....Coney Island.

6 comments:

Sia McDonald said...

LOVE them!! so super fab!

Brittany said...

This is my favorite shoot you have ever done. Your pictures reflect the love you have for both subjects - Becca and NY! love them.

Kris Breton said...

Great work Mel!

Chase said...

Wow. Beautiful words. Beautiful pictures. Beautiful person.

TXQuebec said...

Great photos, great subject, great location. Well done!

Andrea said...

Beautiful! Becca, you look gorgeous! You are such a beautiful person, inside and out! Great photos Mel! Looks like you gals had a lot of fun. XXOO