Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mother Mary Comes to Me...

One of my favorite rituals of my catholic faith is the Rosary. Of course growing up, I NEVER understood what exactly the rosary was or even what it really meant. Honestly, I use to dread hearing the rosary, because all I could remember was how it went on for what felt like forever.
I finally came to understand a little more about the rosary, and I learned to find my zen and peace within it.
Right now, I'm spending a lot of time with "my" own dear mother, which reminds me of some funny advice she would give me when I couldn't sleep at nights, she said to say the rosary and I would fall right asleep. I honestly do that now, and about 7 "Hail Mary's" into it, I'm sound asleep. Unfortunately the last few nights that I've tried to fall asleep, I have drifted off into other thoughts and feelings that are running through my head and heart. So for now, I will keep my mother Mary close to my heart and remember my all time favorite quote in life, and hope that I can find the same peace that it has given me in my past.
"When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be."

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Beautiful! Keep her close, she is always with you!

Katie said...

Mel, this is soooo beautiful!! These words fill me with tears and a good feeling! :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful image and quote! Such artistry - love it!

Urban Cowgirl said...

Beautiful Mel!! :)