Monday, July 13, 2009

My Amazing Sister

Sometimes I find it so hard to believe that my sister has a 3 1/2 year old and another little boy named "Maddox Alexander" on the way! Seriously, time is moving a LOT faster now that I'm older.
I'll never forget 3 1/2 years ago when she called me and I was driving home from class in Denton when she told me she had some good news :) and then told me she was pregnant, I had to pull over because I couldn't stop screaming and was so happy that I then couldn't stop crying! The day she called me to tell me she was pregnant with Maddox it was her crying this time :), he was a bit more of a surprise, a good one of course, but needless to say I can still remember sitting at Jiffy Lube when I got the call, and all I can remember is me smiling from ear to ear and telling her that it will all work out and be great, and that this is how life happens....
Aidan is probably one of the biggest loves of my life. I could have never imagined having this love for anyone until he was brought into this world, it changes your life forever. I can't even wait until September 3rd gets here to meet Maddox!
Andrea and I are 4 years a part, and she has always been the best big sister ever. She just has that "big sister" quality.... she's always been the protective and nourishing one too. To be honest, we probably could not be any more different from one another, but after all these years we finally just "get" one another.
My sister is an amazing mom. . . and again one of those things that I simply sit back and observe and hope that I can be as good as a mom as she is one day!
I just have to say to my sister that I love you and you are so beautiful both on the inside and out, and that you are a HUGE inspiration to me, thank you for always being here for me. . . i've always been able to count on you and I truly feel that we understand each other more and more the older we get. xoxoxoxoxo

6 comments:

Andrea said...

OMG, I'm crying right now!! Melissa, you are the simply the greatest sister one could have! I'm so happy to have you in my life and I'm SO proud of your amazing talent! Your photos are truely the greatest art work I've ever seen! Your talent will take you many places in life and I will be there for you! XXXOO THANK YOU!

Mel Ferro Cole said...

please just look at the photo of you and Aidan looking at yalls cupcake on the bar stools...this is where you two resemble eachother the most! :)
thanks sissy! good tell Allan to hurry up and get a good job, need a business loan one day...hahha,j/k

Julie Haney said...

Love love love the pictures! Melissa-you are amazing and Andrea you are beautiful! I love you preggo! You seriously just have that glow! Can't wait to meet Maddox!

stefanie said...

these pictures are really adorable! your sister looks amazing.

i totally know what you mean about your love for your nephew. i never dreamed that i could love a kid as much as i love my nephew! sometimes i wonder how i'll be able to love another niece or nephew this much!

Brittany said...

Umm so freaking cute! Beautiful Mel!

Lyndsy said...

These pics are so great, Andrea, you look awesome!! Mel, you are going to have to come back to Fayetteville next Feb and take my preggers pics. Love you guys.